SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FILECOPYEX

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
FILECOPYEX
Ron Brooks

Post FILECOPYEX Reply with quote

HI AGAIN. I USED THE STATEMENT AS YOU SUGGESTED AND GOT A SYNTAX ERROR. I THEN DOUBLED ALL OF THE /'S WHICH ELIMINATED THE SYNTAX ERROR BUT STILL AM UNABLE TO COPY ANY FILES. IT SEEMS THAT IF THE FILE NAMES ALREADY EXIST IN THE DESTINATION DIRECTORY THEY ARE NOT OVERWRITTEN, INSTEAD THE COPY PROCESS ABORTS. IS THIS A BUG?

THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY!

Sun Apr 16, 2000 6:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Re: FILECOPYEX Reply with quote

Sorry, I wasn't able to reply earlier because the site was unavailable for some time (the phone carrier experienced some problems with their high-speed communication lines).

Anyway, it appears that there exist some difference between the documentation and the script engine. The documentation says that FileCopyEx overwrites existing files. Indeed the script engine returns an error if you attempt to overwrite the existing file. I've submitted the request on your behalf to change the engine so it performs as documented.

As a solution for your situation I suggest that you take "Copy newest files only" example job provided with the installation package 2.0.1 and customize it for your directories and files.

Another way is to count files in the source directory to get the number of files to be copied then use SyncLocalDir statement to copy new and overwrite old files in the Destination directory. Please see online help for details and examples for FileFindFirst, FileFindNext, SyncLocalDir.

: HI AGAIN. I USED THE STATEMENT AS YOU SUGGESTED AND GOT A SYNTAX ERROR. I
: THEN DOUBLED ALL OF THE /'S WHICH ELIMINATED THE SYNTAX ERROR BUT STILL AM
: UNABLE TO COPY ANY FILES. IT SEEMS THAT IF THE FILE NAMES ALREADY EXIST IN
: THE DESTINATION DIRECTORY THEY ARE NOT OVERWRITTEN, INSTEAD THE COPY
: PROCESS ABORTS. IS THIS A BUG?

: THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY!

Mon Apr 17, 2000 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: