SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Ignored target list not sticking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Ignored target list not sticking
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Alright, that's fine.

I don't have luck with upgrades from the SQL Assistant GUI, it always restarts with the same version that was running. I have to download the trial and run it myself, which I've yet to solve.

I had to run SQL Assistant in administrative mode to allow those registry changes to the ignored targets in the SQL Assistant GUI to stick, once they stuck I exited SQL Assistant and re-started it in normal user mode.
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Actually now that I look at it...

Even though my PDF editor now runs, the Ignored Target list does not show it in there. Before I added it as administrator it wouldn't fully launch my PDF editor. Now running as normal user it's not in the list but the editor still works. very weird.
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Also the proper path for me is

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SoftTree Technologies, Inc\SQL Assistant\6.0

Which shows my addition (that I made as Administrator), however SQL Assistant doesn't show it as standard user UNLESS:

I edit the registry permissions for the SQL Assistant\6.0 Folder and give MYCOMP\Users full control so it can actually read it.
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the correction. Yes, on 64-bit systems the path is HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SoftTree Technologies, Inc\SQL Assistant\6.0
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Can you please tell if you get Windows UAC prompt for elevated privileges when launching SQL Assistant upgrade from the system tray icon?
What happens after the downloading-upgrade progress bar disappears from the screen? Does the system tray app restart automatically and then balloon appears above it saying something that new version is running?
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Can you please tell if you get Windows UAC prompt for elevated privileges when launching SQL Assistant upgrade from the system tray icon?
What happens after the downloading-upgrade progress bar disappears from the screen? Does the system tray app restart automatically and then balloon appears above it saying something that new version is running?

Yes when the progress bar disappears the tray app restarts and a balloon pops up reporting the version number. The problem is the version number stays the same.

I do not recall getting a UAC prompt, but UAC is indeed enabled.
Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. It looks like it downloads the setup but then fails to start it in silent "upgrade-only" mode because the setup requires elevated privileges and the system tray app doesn't have them.
Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you. It looks like it downloads the setup but then fails to start it in silent "upgrade-only" mode because the setup requires elevated privileges and the system tray app doesn't have them.

Is there a fix?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Normally you should get a prompt for elevated privileges to run the downloaded setup. In your case you don't, and nothing happens

A workaround is to start it in Run as Administrator mode.

Can we send you a test version which explicitly requests windows to elevate privileges before running the downloaded setup file?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Normally you should get a prompt for elevated privileges to run the downloaded setup. In your case you don't, and nothing happens

A workaround is to start it in Run as Administrator mode.

Can we send you a test version which explicitly requests windows to elevate privileges before running the downloaded setup file?

I think I tried running SQL Assistant in administrator mode last time I was stuck in this update loop.

I'll take a test version if you have one.
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: