SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Sql Editor - Doesn't retain the previous open files

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Sql Editor - Doesn't retain the previous open files
SqlExplorer

Post Sql Editor - Doesn't retain the previous open files Reply with quote
Hi,

I keep having to reopen some (not all) of the files in Sql Editor each day.

At the end of the day, I shut down with File Exit. But when I reopen Sql Editor again the next day, it says that the "Application has been abnormally terminated", and I have to uncheck several "SqlQuery1.sql" instances
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This might be related to Windows UAC. Does it remember them unchecked if you start it in Run as Administrator mode?
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
If I start Sql Assistant as Administrator and select SqlEditor 64 bit from the SqlAssistant menu, then set up all the files and File Exit, it still doesn't retain the list that was saved last. It still has the list from a while back, perhaps the last Sql Assistant version before updating.

SysOp wrote:
This might be related to Windows UAC. Does it remember them unchecked if you start it in Run as Administrator mode?

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Here is some background information that may help with troubleshooting this issue. In version 12.4 the recent file list and file states get saved in %APP_DATA%\Roaming\SQL Assistant\12.4\saDocMng.db which is a small SQLite database. In previous versions it was saved in saDocMng.xml XML file. Version of 12.4 checks if that XML file is present, and if yes, it imports contents of that file into and deletes it.

Can you please check if you still have saDocMng.xml file, and if saDocMng.db is writable. I assume that you are running the latest version 12.4.
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Yes the sqlite table is writable. There's both the xml and the db in that folder (btw, %APPDATA%, rather than %APP_DATA%).

The saDocMng.xml is from 07/27/2023. The db is from today, of course. Should I delete the .xml, since this version isn't using it?

SysOp wrote:
Here is some background information that may help with troubleshooting this issue. In version 12.4 the recent file list and file states get saved in %APP_DATA%\Roaming\SQL Assistant\12.4\saDocMng.db which is a small SQLite database. In previous versions it was saved in saDocMng.xml XML file. Version of 12.4 checks if that XML file is present, and if yes, it imports contents of that file into and deletes it.

Can you please check if you still have saDocMng.xml file, and if saDocMng.db is writable. I assume that you are running the latest version 12.4.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, please delete or better move the xml file somewhere else temporarily. And restart SQL Assistant after that. I wonder why it's unable to delete it.
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:30 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
No luck. I'll just remove the entries from the sqlite table later.

SysOp wrote:
Yes, please delete or better move the xml file somewhere else temporarily. And restart SQL Assistant after that. I wonder why it's unable to delete it.
[img]

[/img]
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It would be great to understand what's going on in order to fix the root cause and make sure the issue doesn't come back.
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
Sounds good, let me know what I should look at next. I haven't removed anything yet.

SysOp wrote:
It would be great to understand what's going on in order to fix the root cause and make sure the issue doesn't come back.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: