SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
12.3.387: FTS Split Compound Tokens (No)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
12.3.387: FTS Split Compound Tokens (No)
Mindflux

Post 12.3.387: FTS Split Compound Tokens (No) Reply with quote
I've disabled this in the Common -> Code Context Search options.

I've rebuild the FTS Catalog, closed and reopened SA systray, closed and reopened SSMS.

Thus far, it is still splitting compound tokens in the FTS search.

Any hints?

The help states:

Quote:
If set to Yes, the Code Context automatically breaks words like IndustryList, Product_Code into separate
words Industry List and Product Code when searching for similar code in the code repository.

So I would think this is the right setting?
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Apologies for delayed response. Still investigating this issue. Not quite sure how it works, and waiting for internal help.
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This appears to be a regression after SQLite driver upgrades, the FTS ignores the "split" option. I have logged a bug report into our internal system.
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In the bug related ticket I was told that Code Context Search options are used for a different feature for searching code in the editor, while what I was looking at is FTS Code repository, which also splits by camel case by default. But if one wants to search it without camel case splitting, they can enter a search term wrapped in double quotes, much like in a web search engine, for example, "IndustryList" instead of IndustryList.

Still cannot' fully explain what I see on your screenshot.
Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
In the bug related ticket I was told that Code Context Search options are used for a different feature for searching code in the editor, while what I was looking at is FTS Code repository, which also splits by camel case by default. But if one wants to search it without camel case splitting, they can enter a search term wrapped in double quotes, much like in a web search engine, for example, "IndustryList" instead of IndustryList.

Still cannot' fully explain what I see on your screenshot.

So what search is this related to, if it's not the FTS search? Which is what comes up when I use "Context SQL Search"? I did find wrapping in quotes did help but then finding the option discussed in the original post lead to confusion.
Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:53 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It's kind of related to the same feature, but only indirectly. The option is used for text parsing in the editor. Its naming is ambiguous, context here, and context there, and the popup hints don't help. Something needs to be done to make it less confusing. Just like you I assume it's for the context search for the code stored in FTS code repo.
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: