SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.2.387 Pro] - Apply button closes Options window

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.2.387 Pro] - Apply button closes Options window
gemisigo

Post [12.2.387 Pro] - Apply button closes Options window Reply with quote
While hitting the OK button applies changes and closes the SQL Assistant - Options window clicking the Apply button instead should apply the changes without closing the window. This is how it should be and how it was for years. This behavior seems to have changed after one of the latest updates. The Apply button closes the Options window just as the OK would. At first, I thought something in my settings might be incompatible with the latest version, though SA never popped an error/exception dialog, and nothing suspicious made it into the log file either. But today I restored the factory settings to check that hypothesis, which turned out to be false. Clicking the Apply button still closes the Options window, even when using factory default settings.
Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Mine doesn't close. Is only the options dialog closes, or the system tray app closes too?
Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It's only the dialog that closes. The systray app stays and I can reopen the dialog relatively quickly but it reverts to the default location whereas using the Apply button leaves it open at the setting tab that I was just changing.
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:05 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
So it doesn't seem to crash, but somehow it still closes the Options dialog. Do you have a different system to try the same function? Is that reproducible with default settings?
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Do you have a different system to try the same function? Is that reproducible with default settings?

Alas, I have none. I've already tried restoring defaults (see the last sentence in the opening post).
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: