SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
v12.2.383 Table value function segment cannot be selected

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
v12.2.383 Table value function segment cannot be selected
pfg1114

Post v12.2.383 Table value function segment cannot be selected Reply with quote
The SQL Server table value function section cannot be expanded automatically, and a comma will be available when selecting the field.

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I was unable to reproduce this. Tried with SSMS 18 and 19 and also with SQL Editor.

Am I correct your video was recorded with SSMS? Do you have other addons installed?
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
pfg1114

Post v12.2.383 Table value function segment cannot be selected Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I was unable to reproduce this. Tried with SSMS 18 and 19 and also with SQL Editor.

Am I correct your video was recorded with SSMS? Do you have other addons installed?

Attach all the test code:

drop table if exists tb_Test;

go

create table tb_Test(id int);

insert into tb_Test(id) values(1),(2),(3);

go

drop function if exists f_Test;

go

create function f_Test()
returns @TmpTable Table(Id int)
with encryption as
begin
insert into @TmpTable(id)
select id from tb_Test;

return;
end;

go

select from dbo.f_Test() as A;

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I updated my SSMS 19 from Preview 3 to Preview 4 version to match your settings and I'm still unable to reproduce your issue. I used your sample code and other table functions and all that worked correctly.

Let's try something here. Please close SSMS 2019. Open SQL Assistant main options dialog using the system tray application, right-click its icon in the system tray and choose the Options menu. In the Options dialog click Targets page, and select SQL Server Management Studio on the left. On the right expand the Advanced section. Change the Register SQL Assistant add-on to No and click the Apply button. Change the same option back to Yes and click the Apply again. Restart SSMS 2019 and verify if that fixed the issue.

If the issue is still reproducible, please open SQL Assistant SQL Editor. Much better if you have the Professional version, if not for now the Standard version with its light SQL Editor should suffice too. Connect to the same database and try the same code there to see if the issue is reproducible in the SQL Editor
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
pfg1114

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I updated my SSMS 19 from Preview 3 to Preview 4 version to match your settings and I'm still unable to reproduce your issue. I used your sample code and other table functions and all that worked correctly.

Let's try something here. Please close SSMS 2019. Open SQL Assistant main options dialog using the system tray application, right-click its icon in the system tray and choose the Options menu. In the Options dialog click Targets page, and select SQL Server Management Studio on the left. On the right expand the Advanced section. Change the Register SQL Assistant add-on to No and click the Apply button. Change the same option back to Yes and click the Apply again. Restart SSMS 2019 and verify if that fixed the issue.

If the issue is still reproducible, please open SQL Assistant SQL Editor. Much better if you have the Professional version, if not for now the Standard version with its light SQL Editor should suffice too. Connect to the same database and try the same code there to see if the issue is reproducible in the SQL Editor

SQL Editor still has this problem.
but...

Is it possible to cause this problem?
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That message is unrelated. It's something that Microsoft changed fairly recently in the Preview version. It's still a preview, not a production release version.

So you say you can reproduce it in the SQL Editor too. This tells us that the issue is not specific to a type of editor. Next thing we need to figure out what is different, why I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

Are you sure that the issue is specific to table functions only? Does it work correctly with view and tables?

What do you get when you type SELECT and then select dbo.f_Test() right after the SELECT keyword, does it generate correct SQL code without spaces after dots?
Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: