SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.1.279 Pro] - selecting from view in MariaDB crashes SE

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.1.279 Pro] - selecting from view in MariaDB crashes SE
gemisigo

Post [12.1.279 Pro] - selecting from view in MariaDB crashes SE Reply with quote
I have a MariaDB server with version 10.3.34-MariaDB-0+deb10u1-log (whatever that gibberish means). When trying to select from any view, SE crashes without any warnings, error messages, or any kind of log entries. I've tried creating another view to see if the presence of CTE is the reason for the crash and it seems it isn't. It doesn't take much, this short one is enough to kill it:
Code:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW `v_test` AS
select 1 AS `a`,2 AS `b`;

UPDATE: it only happens if the connection type is set to MariaDB Native
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately we don't have 10.3.34 in our test environment. I tried with 10.3.9 and with 10.4.8 which are closest to your versions that we've got here, and I'm unable to reproduce the issue. I tested with libmariadb.dll file version v3.0.0.7 which is a native MariaDB connector installed with SQL Assistant. Tried both without referencing it explicitly and with selecting the file, both in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. All that worked fine for me.

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit drivers?
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm using the 64-bit version of SE. The connection setting/dropbox for MariaDB dll says "leave this blank to use the default library". If it does exactly what it says on the tin, my guess is it uses the 64-bit driver. I haven't tried with other files.
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: