SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[ES] - Performance Dashboard result ordering

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[ES] - Performance Dashboard result ordering
gemisigo

Post [ES] - Performance Dashboard result ordering Reply with quote
When opening the Performance Dashboard for an SQL Server the tabs Slow Queries, Missing Indexes, Active Processes, and Locks & Waits all present their findings in a table/grid. Now, some of those tables/grids have some nice little features like opening a new tab in SE when double-clicking the Query Text column in the Slow Queries tab, or the Current Query Text in the Active Processes tab. They even have their first few columns fixed to keep some relevant info on the screen when scrolling left-right through the rest.

What those tabs (or rather, the grids) lack is the ability to filter and order on the fixed columns. The funny thing is that you can click any of the non-fixed columns and it will reorder the contents accordingly, it's only the fixed columns that refuse to budge. And that's not very useful when the Database and Table columns are locked, as it is the case on the Missing Indexes tab. I know I can export the contents of the given tab to a csv and do all the filtering and ordering I want there, but that's just not the same. First of all, it takes quite a number of extra steps, and it loses the ability eg. to instantly open the query in SE. Also, looking at some queries made csv-column is a nightmare.

I guess adding some filtering to the Performance Dashboard would not be trivial, but can we get ordering on fixed columns, please?
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:25 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. I have submitted an enhancement request to add sorting on fixed columns header click in performance dashboards. For the reference here is a ticket number #SA0043230
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:55 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much!
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: