SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Runnning 24x7 as a service

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Runnning 24x7 as a service
joshua.cappello

Post Runnning 24x7 as a service Reply with quote
I am running windows version 3.4.33 and it is meeting our needs. However, I have been asked to setup the application as a service. When I select to do so, it automatically starts the application with the Example Jobs.dat file. Is it possible to specify a different .dat for startup as a service?
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, of course. The issue here is that the name of the last job database used is saved in the registry. If you setup the service using a different account, it might be unable to read the same part of the registry. As a fall back, it reverts to the default file.
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
joshua.cappello

Post Reply with quote
Is it possible to change the Registry setting? If so, what is the name of the registry setting?
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'd like to suggest a different method. Start the scheduler in interactive desktop mode using the account you are planning on using with the service. Open and save the job database file you want it to use. Please make sure it's a local file, best if saved to C drive. Restart the scheduler in service mode.
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
joshua.cappello

Post Reply with quote
We currently run the scheduler on our server in interactive desktop mode with our service account. I open the database file and save it all the time with that account. I want to switch it to Service mode using the same account, but it opens the example jobs database. Our database is in the same directory that the Example Jobs file is in as well. I tried removing the example jobs file hoping that it would default to finding the database file that it normally opens, but it said it couldn't find the example jobs file. All of our datafiles are on the local server, but not on the C: drive. Any other thoughts?
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:32 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Is the file saved to a network share or local drive.
If local, is it saved to a virtualized folder specific to the user account or regular?
What's the actual path to the file?
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 am View user's profile Send private message
joshua.cappello

Post Reply with quote
It is a local drive that is virtualized.

\\localhost\c$\appData\Data (E:) \24x7 Automation 3\*.dat

The mapped drive is done using the service account.
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I see,. You do use drive mapping. Drive mapping is not visible to Windows services unless you map them from the service by executing some OS command, for example, from a job map E drive. But it's no help here with the service starting. You want the scheduler to open a file on startup. You would need to open the job database file as C:\appData\Data\24x7 Automation 3\file name here.dat

Any jobs referring to E: would need to be modified too to refer to C. Or alternatively you could add a job with On Startup schedule from which you execute something like "net use E ..." command. That may or may not work though for all jobs depending on how they are setup, but worth trying.
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:52 am View user's profile Send private message
joshua.cappello

Post Reply with quote
I'll give that a try. Thanks for your help.

**Update** That worked. Thank You!
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 am View user's profile Send private message
louismarcoux

Post Reply with quote
Hi

I use 24x7 Scheduler Multi-platform edition on a Windows 2016 server and i'm facing a problem. I have a JAL script that i use to launch a .CMD file. In GUI mode everything works fine. FIRSTFILE.CMD is executed and I have what i want in the result file. BUT, when 24x7 run as a service (started with my user account), FIRSTFILE.CMD start, make the first "CALL" to the second file (READREGISTRY.CMD) and then nothing !! Other call are not made, I don't have any error messages in the log nor in the event viewer. please help me to understand what is happening

FIRSTFILE.CMD

set SCHEDULER_ID=%1
set SCHEDULER_CURRENT_DATE=%2
set SCHEDULER_SEQUENCE=0
set SCHEDULER_RETURN_CODE=0
set SCHEDULER_PATH=E:\Outils\Scheduler

set SCHEDULER_INSTANCE=0
set /a SCHEDULER_SEQUENCE=%SCHEDULER_SEQUENCE%+1

echo DQSJOB081C %DATE% %TIME% >%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%.txt
echo DQSJOB081C %DATE% %TIME% >%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C Starting >>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for general wait_time>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
call %SCHEDULER_PATH%\Exe\ReadRegistry.cmd HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\%SCHEDULER_ID%\General WAIT_TIME SCHEDULER_WAIT_TIME

echo DQSJOB081C back from readregistry general wait_time>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_WAIT_TIME=%SCHEDULER_WAIT_TIME% >>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt

echo DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for print active>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
call %SCHEDULER_PATH%\Exe\ReadRegistry.cmd HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\%SCHEDULER_ID%\Print ACTIVE SCHEDULER_START_PRINT_PROCESS

echo DQSJOB081C back from readregistry print active>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_START_PRINT_PROCESS=%SCHEDULER_START_PRINT_PROCESS% >>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt

echo DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for general active>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
call %SCHEDULER_PATH%\Exe\ReadRegistry.cmd HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\%SCHEDULER_ID%\General ACTIVE SCHEDULER_ACTIVE

echo DQSJOB081C back from readregistry general active>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_ACTIVE=%SCHEDULER_ACTIVE% >>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt
echo DQSJOB081C Ending >>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt

ReadRegistry.cmd

echo ReadRegistry for %1 %2>>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt

reg query %1 /v %2>%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\ReadRegistry_%SCHEDULER_ID%_%SCHEDULER_INSTANCE%_%SCHEDULER_SEQUENCE%.txt

for /f "tokens=3" %%i in (%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\ReadRegistry_%SCHEDULER_ID%_%SCHEDULER_INSTANCE%_%SCHEDULER_SEQUENCE%.txt) do set %3=%%i

RESULT FILE IN GUI MODE

%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt (E:\Outils\Scheduler\Temp\running_gindu30_uni2c_picaran1_2.txt)

DQSJOB081C 2022-07-08 15:10:01,18
DQSJOB081C Starting
DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for general wait_time
ReadRegistry for HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\gindu30_uni2c_picaran1\General WAIT_TIME
DQSJOB081C back from readregistry general wait_time
DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_WAIT_TIME=15
DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for print active
ReadRegistry for HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\gindu30_uni2c_picaran1\Print ACTIVE
DQSJOB081C back from readregistry print active
DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_START_PRINT_PROCESS=FALSE
DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for general active
ReadRegistry for HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\gindu30_uni2c_picaran1\General ACTIVE
DQSJOB081C back from readregistry general active
DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_ACTIVE=TRUE
DQSJOB081C Ending

RESULT FILE IN SERVICE MODE

%SCHEDULER_PATH%\Temp\running_%SCHEDULER_ID%_2.txt (E:\Outils\Scheduler\Temp\running_gindu30_uni2c_picaran1_2.txt)

DQSJOB081C 2022-07-08 15:14:01,58
DQSJOB081C Starting
DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for general wait_time
ReadRegistry for HKLM\Software\wow6432node\GI.net\Scheduler\gindu30_uni2c_picaran1\General WAIT_TIME
DQSJOB081C back from readregistry general wait_time
DQSJOB081C SCHEDULER_WAIT_TIME=15
DQSJOB081C calling readregistry for print active
[/u]
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: