SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR: Hotkeys enhancements

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR: Hotkeys enhancements
gemisigo

Post FR: Hotkeys enhancements Reply with quote
It would be awesome to have a pair of hotkeys to navigate back and forth between the bookmarks. The currently available Alt+(Num0..Num9) and Ctrl+(Num0..Num9) variants only work for the first 10 bookmarks (and for those that have numeric keypads on their keyboards, by the way).

And another one: it would also be great if the bookmarks were persistent. SE has this feature of dropping markers into the editor and those are persistent, they don't vanish after applying formatting to the contents. I know those two are not the same, that while the bookmarks are an SA thing, the markers are SE specific, but if it can be done to markers in SE (to some extent), I guess it might be possible to have the same attribute for bookmarks as well.
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:11 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Cannot agree more.

Though it should remember and restore bookmarks for the files you work with. Could you please check what you got in the Options for [registered target] -> Document Manager -> Save Bookmarks?
Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply, yours got overlooked somehow.

That setting is set to Yes. I haven't checked it yet, I'm not using bookmarks very frequently because of the mentioned lack of hotkeys. But I guess that setting is a double-edged sword in the sense of it will save the bookmarks that are placed in the editor but it will also save their removal after formatting (which in turn removes the bookmarks), will it not?
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I didn't find in the queue any planned changes for bookmark hotkeys, in the near feature they are likely going to be limited to first 10, it's related to handling of visual bookmark icons, which are capped to 10. However, there is a planned feature for adding or replacing little bookmark icons featuring on hoover thumbnails of bookmarked text with a bookmarks pane showing thumbnails in a column and docked to the side of the editor. Panes support scrollbars and I assume it should be able to support more than 10 bookmarks because screen space isn't going to be an issue.
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:35 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That sounds exciting. Do you have an ETA for the feature?
Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I cannot provide a date yet, it's not yet known.
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
While we're at hotkey improvements.

Search -> Bookmarks -> Goto Bookmark N suggests the hotkey to move between bookmarks is Ctrl+0,1,2 etc. Which in fact is Ctl+(Num0...9) (like setting bookmarks is Alt+(Num0....9).

Can we get the wording updated on that? I was so confused why I couldn't jump bookmarks (it opened all sorts of other windows like tab manager/task manager etc) until I realized it wasn't a hotkey conflict/collision but mislabeled hints.

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks a ton! I have submitted that issue.
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: