SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NotepadPlusPlus claims there's no oci.dll

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
NotepadPlusPlus claims there's no oci.dll
SqlExplorer

Post NotepadPlusPlus claims there's no oci.dll Reply with quote
Both Notepad and the Sql Assistant native client work fine.

But Notepad++ complains that that it can't find oci.dll.

Note from the Oracle_Client_DLLs image, that oci.dll is definitely there. And again, other editors like Notepad and Sql Assistant have no problem finding the dll and connecting.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The issue is very likely that you are running 32-bit version of Notepad++. In this use case you do need 32-bit version of Oracle client software. Or you can install 64-bit version of Notepad++.
Or visa versa, you are running 64-bit Notepad++ and your oci.dll is 32-bit.
Both 64-bit And 32-bit should work as long as both software packages have the same number.
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
SqlExplorer

Post Reply with quote
As we discussed here,

https://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25825

that's correct, I'm now running the 32-bit version of Notepad++. The reason for this, as I mentioned in the above post, is that the Sql Assistant menus don't show up with the 64-bit version of Notepad++. There's a greyed-out "Sql Assistant" label, but there's no menu. So just to see if it made any difference (as discussed in the above post), I uninstalled the 64-bit version of Notepad++, and installed the 32-bit version.

I don't want to install another version of the Oracle client right now. Everything is in place, and working the way it should. I'm not using Notepad++ a great deal, was just curious why Sql Assistant wasn't accessible.

We can close this, for now. Maybe I'll revisit the topic with version 13, after confirming that all tools are anchored to 64-bit, or 32.

Thanks for your tips, have a good rest of the weekend.

SysOp wrote:
The issue is very likely that you are running 32-bit version of Notepad++. In this use case you do need 32-bit version of Oracle client software. Or you can install 64-bit version of Notepad++.
Or visa versa, you are running 64-bit Notepad++ and your oci.dll is 32-bit.
Both 64-bit And 32-bit should work as long as both software packages have the same number.

Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: