SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.0.181 Pro] - Unit Testing without failed case indicator

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.0.181 Pro] - Unit Testing without failed case indicator
gemisigo

Post [12.0.181 Pro] - Unit Testing without failed case indicator Reply with quote
The Unit Testing can show either the results or the log for the last run. It also shows the status for individual cases when selecting a Unit Test but it no longer displays the success/failure overlay icons in the case/test tree like the earlier versions did. Were they removed on purpose or is this a bug?

Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:02 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Something certainly has changed in the interface, all errors are now shown in the last step in the log after the run where their are color coded. In that step, the failed test cases and unit tests are also shown in red, without an overlay icon. To go back to the project view where test cases can be modified, and where they show the check-boxes for enabling and disabling them, we now have to click the Back button. It's not clear to me what we see after that, and if returning to the project view should continue reflecting results of the last run. But from a usability point of view I personally think it's helpful to see the results or at least the overlay icons showing what failed. There could be an issues with test case and in large projects with many test cases like yours it's not easy to remember what failed. I'm going to ask to revert the previous behavior and show status overlays reflecting last run results.
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: