SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.0.167 BETA] - Assistance with keywords

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.0.167 BETA] - Assistance with keywords
gemisigo

Post [12.0.167 BETA] - Assistance with keywords Reply with quote
Assistance with keywords is kinda "limping". Check this short video here. When I type DROP I get a list of possible matches to choose from. If I type too fast and press space the list suddenly gets empty. Earlier versions here showed the keywords that could possibly follow the one I just typed a space after. There still must be something in that ghastly paleness because typing fragments of the keywords and then hit enter keyword completion kicks in (sometimes completing something completely inadequate, see FULL CATALOG).

I stuffed a new section [DROP] with TABLE, FUNCTION, etc. within it, and now it no longer gives me the ghost list. I don't recall needing to have that section in prior versions, SA was able to properly complete whatever multi-worded (several words on the same line) I happened to have in Options / Code Formatting / Keywords (I guess there are quite a few of them in the factory settings too) and I have all of those combinations (DROP/CREATE/ALTER x/y/z etc.) under PREFERRED KEYWORDS section in Keywords.
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:45 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In v12 it attempts to provide better help with DDL comamnds, inject more and smarter intellisense, more than what it used to do in prior versions. Kind of similar to what is done for DML commands. For example, if you type DROP TABLE you should see a list of tables to select from, or if you type ALTER TABLESPACE, then a list of tablespaces, and so on... The popup in the video contains customizable list of most frequently used SQL commands, basically what you want to see in the prompts at the top of the list for SQL statements when you type first keyword. It should stick after the space typed, and yet it disappears. I'm checking if it's a bug.
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: