SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR: Scratchpad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR: Scratchpad
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Terrific.

I'm sorry I overlooked your previous question about classes vs. instances in the Type 1 plugins. There are two kinds of units: code units and form units, which are used in the UI. Code units behave like reusable code. If you have a function declared within a unit, and that init is included (include, use, and similar declaration) you can refer to that function name without its unit reference, as if it was declared in the unit where you call it. However, forms created in the Plugin IDE behave differently. The IDE actually creates three files behind the scenes with different extensions, code unit, form class unit, and its manifest. You can't call functions associated with the form class directly, you can only call them only via class instance reference, and you also do need to instantiate the form by docking it to a pane or creating via Crete(). For simplicity a matching variable with the same name as the form class name (form name <> file name, it's a class name property) is automatically defined in the main unit where you include the form class. It's possible to create multiple instances of the same class/form, although I think it's not very straightforward, it has been designed with focus on plugin development with simplicity in mind, rather than as a generic programming system.
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:47 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: