SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.5.362 Pro] - Custom Filter on a result set

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.5.362 Pro] - Custom Filter on a result set
gemisigo

Post [11.5.362 Pro] - Custom Filter on a result set Reply with quote
Filtering on a Custom Filter does not work as described in the User's Guide. Filters for each column have a checkbox list showing every value that particular column contains. Unselecting any of the values will remove the lines with that value from the result set. According to the UG:
Quote:

If you rather prefer to filter values using a value range or some other conditional criteria, select the
Custom Filter item in the same drop-down items.

So, when I choose the Custom Filter for a column, select Equal, and then type a value, I'd expect the result set to only show rows having that value in that column. However, that's not what happens. It will only show that row if that specific value has not been unchecked in the checklist. Imho, the UG implies that the Custom Filter will override the checklist (the rather prefer part), while it does not. The filtering will happen on the combination of the Custom Filter and the checklist. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, I guess it might be easier and faster to define a Custom Filter on one column and simply check/uncheck some values in another instead of defining another Custor Filter there as well. But that behavior is not specified in the UG and users unaware of it might see some unexpected results when fiddling with checkboxes and Custom Filters.
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think the described behavior is unintentional. Use of custom filters should reset all checkboxes as if Select All was used first, and then apply the filter, it shouldn't be an intersection of selected selected items and custom filters. I will let the team know about this issue.
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: