SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.5.355 Pro] - BUG: Performance dashboard - File R/W

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.5.355 Pro] - BUG: Performance dashboard - File R/W
gemisigo

Post [11.5.355 Pro] - BUG: Performance dashboard - File R/W Reply with quote
When switching to File Reads/Writes on Performance Dashboard on an SQL Server 2012, I'm rewarded with an error message. It complains about a missing column (io_stall_queued_write_ms). Only a small part of the query is visible but I guess it's a DMV that causes this problem. Perpahs that version of SQL Server did not have that column in its DMVs?

It does not happen on an SQL Server 2014.
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Many thanks. This appears to be a version compatibility issue. The referenced column is not available in SQL Server 2012 in its dynamic performance view dm_io_virtual_file_stats, and it may not be referenced in that query. I have logged new defect #SA0040064
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try latest build 11.5.361. I tested today with 2012 server and it worked ok for me.
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Indeed, it is fixed. Thank you very much for the quick fix!
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:04 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
How do I get build 11.5.361? It's not available via the update mechanism?

That said, I tested on SQL 2008 (yeah I know!) and did not get the error gemisigo did.
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
2k8 is quite a bit older than the 2012 I tried it on, I guess the DMV then were rather limited in number and capability and the query is adjusted to that. The difference between 2012 and 2014 is subtler, thus easier to make mistakes.

I initiated a download here: http://www.softtreetech.com/forms/download-form.shtml?id=8
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try clearing browser cache in your Internet Explorer browser (you may or may not use it, but it's a still a system component that sometimes impacts web operations). After that, right click the SQL Assistant's system tray application and Check for Updates. It should show that the latest version is 11.5.361.

We also updated the date of the version file on the server to to today's date just to make sure that browsers can see it as updated.
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Please try clearing browser cache in your Internet Explorer browser (you may or may not use it, but it's a still a system component that sometimes impacts web operations). After that, right click the SQL Assistant's system tray application and Check for Updates. It should show that the latest version is 11.5.361.

We also updated the date of the version file on the server to to today's date just to make sure that browsers can see it as updated.

"Check for update" worked without clearing cache. I guess the date on the server worked.
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi. An internal file compatibility issue has been discovered after 11.5.361 build was made available for download earlier this week. That issue impacts SQL Intellisense and may cause intermittent brief screen freezing after some keywords are typed or their combinations. In severe cases it may trigger an exception. May I ask you to upgrade to the latest build 11.5.362 posted today? The issue is resolved in that build. We are very sorry for the caused inconvenience.
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well, that was (is going to be?) a lifesaver. It caused somewhere around 70 exceptions so far. Quite an obstruction.

EDIT: I don't know what you did there, but it also fixed the issue I reported here.
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
EDIT: I don't know what you did there, but it also fixed the issue I reported here.

I'm afraid that is one of these things I can't explain. I don't see any recent updates in our bug tracking system referring to code formatting. All changes for formatting related defects made into initial 11.5 rollout. There I see changes related to formatting complex SQL operators containing 3+ symbols, and also changes related to formatting certain kinds of CTE queries.
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:17 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: