SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.3.279 Pro] - BUG ? Schema not listed in popup (Postgres)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.3.279 Pro] - BUG ? Schema not listed in popup (Postgres)
gemisigo

Post [11.3.279 Pro] - BUG ? Schema not listed in popup (Postgres) Reply with quote
I've got a schema in a PostgreSQL database that doesn't show up on popup lists, therefore I cannot filter on it or expand it from the popup after typing SELECT. Is there a reason some schemas might get hidden?

EDIT: It seems that if a schema name is exactly the same as a login role name, that schema won't appear on popup lists. Typing its name and pressing . will list its contents (tables, functions, etc), however, it won't show up on its own. Is this intentional? It hinders selecting objects from those unfortunate schemas.
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I managed to reproduce it. Yet it appears that roles with the same name mask schema names.

As a temporary workaround, please disable Server Objects query in SQL Assistant, in "Db Query" or "SQL Assistance" settings for Postgres. This will prevent it from retrieving role names
Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I've tried disabling in DB Queries first, then in SQL Assistance and finally disabled both but the issue persists.
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Apologies, here is the solution that should work with databases irrespective of the OID values used for schemas and roles

Please undo the changes described previous and modify "Schemas (PostgreSQL)" query. To the end of the query please add
Code:
ORDER BY 2 DESC

Please let me know if this still doesn't work
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
My colleague just tested in a different database, and in his case, it's the opposite ORDER BY 2 ASC. But one of them still should work, you may need to try both options.
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
There are two entries for Schemas for PostgreSQL in DB Options / DB Queries, one for min version 7 and another one for min version 8.1. I modified both of them to be sure. The server version is
Quote:

PostgreSQL 12.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39), 64-bit

Running both queries in the database the v7 returns 22 records, the missing schema is located at the 5th (SC) and 18th (SL) positions for ASC, and 4th (SL) and 19th (SC) for DESC.
The same for v8.1 is 30 records, with 5th (SC) and 19th (SL) positions for ASC, and 13th (SL) and 19th (SC) for DESC.

There must be further filtering on them because of those only 12 are shown in the popup regardless of the ordering omitted or set to ASC/DESC. In neither case is the wanted schema among them.
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:20 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
May I recommend to wait for a few days with troubleshooting this issue. Version 11.5 is expected by the end of this week. I know it has some sort of a fix for it.
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Sure, no problem.
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Appears to be fixed.
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for confirming!
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: