SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[10.0.158 BETA] - FR: Command Selector matching snippets

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[10.0.158 BETA] - FR: Command Selector matching snippets
gemisigo

Post [10.0.158 BETA] - FR: Command Selector matching snippets Reply with quote
Command Selector is able to match snippets by filtering the contents of the snippet which is something I've been yearning for years. I've always had to open the .sas file with a text editor and search for relevant parts of the snippet to retrieve its name, in case I happened to forget its name. And now I'm going to complain about this feature.

#1 Now I can identify the snippet by filtering its content but I'm unable to filter on its name (in case I only remember parts of it).

If you could concatenate the snippet name to the beginning of the snippet contents in Command Selector, that would solve this issue and offer a partial match on snippet names at the same time

#2 Command Selector window is resizable but the text lines it displays are truncated after ~30 characters ending with an ellipsis indicating that the text continues but is not shown. This also means that the snippet sniffer feature mentioned above (which I'm certain is a pure side-effect but a good one) will only work on the first 30 characters of the snippet. The same applies to the snippet popup window, it shows the first few characters of the snippet content.

I guess storing and showing more of the snippet contents in the lists that are used for Command Selector and snippet popup would put a considerable strain on the background processes handling these - especially with those snippet maniacs like myself - but would you consider at least exploring the possibilities of making the number of characters shown in both the Selector and the popup a setting users could change (with a warning that it might affect performance or something, if necessary)?
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. Created another ticket #SA0034583
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:09 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: