SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.199 Pro] - Database Explorer & contained databas

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.199 Pro] - Database Explorer & contained databas
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.199 Pro] - Database Explorer & contained databas Reply with quote
The screenshot below shows two databases created by more or less the same script. More or less, because one is a contained database and the other isn't. The Database Explorer is SQL Editor does not show properties/sub-objects for the tables in the contained database.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:27 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is a query in the Options named "Table Objects (MSSQL)" that is used to retrieve various table properties. Would you please run it in both databases replacing :OBJECT_ID with the object id of the pictured table and check why it returns different results?

I'm curious if the Schema Compare tool shows differences between the two pictured tables.
Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Done that. This is what I got from running the query:

Quote:

Msg 451, Level 16, State 1, Cannot resolve collation conflict between "Latin1_General_100_CI_AS_KS_WS_SC" and "SQL_Hungarian_CP1250_CI_AS" in UNION ALL operator occurring in SELECT statement column 4.

So I added "COLLATE database_default" to the 4th column (d.definition) of that query and now it works properly in both databases. Thanks for the hint. You might want to make the same modifications to the installer factory default of that query so that this issue doesn't occur to others. Also, it is interesting how SA silently absorbed that error in the background without it making into the log file.
Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Excellent discovery. Thank you. I will certainly submit that for modification of the default query.
Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: