SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.176 Pro] - List items

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.176 Pro] - List items
gemisigo

Post [SA 9.0.176 Pro] - List items Reply with quote
I've run into a strange side-effect. Help says that the checkboxes for List item has three states, and the third one would make items of that type initially hide and only appear when the first letter typed matches their names. This works great, I have triggers at that setting. However, I experienced that items with that setting do not obey Name Contains Characters from Key String, Order by Best Match for Name Matching Method, they are shown as if Name Starts with Key String was the active option for that setting, that is, they're shown only as long as I don't mistype (leave any characters from the sequence) their names. Check this short video here.

Also noticed, that after 'right-arrowing' to expand schema legacy the popup shrunk to accommodate the longest name in the list but when typing the first letter and triggers were added to the list it did not adjust to the length of the new members.
Could you check if that's a bug or by design, please?
Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
HUH. Well I always wondered why those check boxes were tri-mode. I don't recall reading that in the help but maybe I just missed it.

In either case, I can replicate this one.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for reporting this one. We will look into that. I'm not sure the described behavior is by design. I believe it was there before the implementation of multiple name matching and sorting methods and haven't been updated after that.

FYI: The main purpose of this 3rd-state option at the time was to hide tons of Oracle public synonyms and system views which make the intellisense lists very busy and difficult to navigate

Last edited by SysOp on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Not something I couldn't live without. It was just cool to have those trigger names I rarely had to access stashed away.
Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: