SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] Use same target for multiple DB types?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] Use same target for multiple DB types?
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Changes are indeed appear as sticky in the options, but they are more or less cosmetic., they don't alter the behavior of SQL Editor which is specifically designed to recognize database type based on connection details and automatically pick matching SQL Assistance type and the connection specific attributes. If you know how to break that, I mean how to change connection to a different database type and the SQL Editor not following with correct SQL Assistance type and not showing any warnings, please describe the steps. This is an issue that we would like to fix.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I guess the assistance is properly set when changing connection types. The auto connection is another question. And we might be afraid about the SQL reference as well. Though I admit, I've never tried to intentionally break those, so it's all theory.
Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
One way to mismatch things is to use Ctrl+Shift+F5 while already connected to a database like Oracle, and choose SQL Server Assistance type. That is allowed on purpose, by design. It's there in case things require manual corrections. Another way is to choose a DSN-based ODBC connection to a wrong database. Or select ADO.NET interface with with a wrong server and port. If SQL Assistant detects mismatch between server type and assistance type selected, it shows a warning. But that warning can still be ignored.
Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: