SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant 9.0 Beta Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant 9.0 Beta Version
GeneW

Post Access to Netezza schema objects Reply with quote
Our DBAs keep things locked down for the most part unless we actually need access to specific system objects. Went through all of the dbqueries last night and came up with this list of views and tables that they had to give me read access to on our Netezza appliance before SQL Assistant was able to work right. Maybe this list will help others:
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_function
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_obj_relation
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_object_data
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_procedure
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_relation_column
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_relation_column_xdb
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_relation_keydata
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_relation_keydata_xdb
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_sequence_xdb
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_synonym
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_table
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_table_dist_map_xdb
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_table_orgstate
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_view_xdb
DEFINITION_SCHEMA._vt_sequence
_t_database
_t_language
_t_object
_t_object_classes
_t_proc
_t_synonym
_t_trigger
_t_type
_v_function
_v_obj_relation
_v_relation_keydata_xdb
_v_vector_idx
Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Many thanks to every one who downloaded and tested the beta version. We greatly appreciate your contributions and continuous support with developing SQL Assistant. The beta testing period is now over and the new version is now ready for general use.

We look forward to hearing from you again. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us - it helps the team understand which features and functionality are most important to you. What does work and what doesn't. We strive to respond to every message posted in this support forum. We do read and pass along a lot of your feedback to SQL Assistant development team.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
GeneW

Post Netezza Edit view and show DDL not working Reply with quote
We have Netezza Release 7.2.1.2 [Build 47843] and I am continuing to evaluate using SQL Assistant. When I try to use the right-click context menu option to Show DDL, I get this error:
/*
Cannot find source code for "ADMIN"."AF_EXTRACTED".
Check the "DDL Code (Netezza)" query in SQL Assistant Options.
*/
I have checked the DDL Code (Netezza) query in the options - the one that is for Minimum Version 7.1 starts with this:

Quote:
select 'CREATE ' || v.objtype || ' "' || v.schema || '"."' || v.viewname || '" AS' || chr(10) || v.definition
from "$DB_NAME$".DEFINITION_SCHEMA._v_view_xdb AS v
where
v.database = :DB_NAME
and v.schema = :SCHEMA_NAME
and v.viewname = :OBJECT_NAME

then unions to several other queries. This first part does return the DDL code for the view when I substitute the right values for the tokens in the query, but I cannot find a combination that works directly from the right-click context menu.

To be clear, I have tried un-checking the query options that indicate they are for "Min. Version 7" and leaving only the "Min. Version 7.1" selected, but that doesn't seem to matter. How should these be set, and do I have to restart sql assistant after making changes? Are there some other permissions I need in the Netezza database to make this work? I combed through all the queries looking for all the views identified, and since the above query works when I manually replace the tokens I would think I have permissions needed.

Quote:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Would you please repost this one as a separate topic so we can respond and track it? I will reply with a suggestion for how to fix that issue.

Let's keep this one dedicated to the beta version announcement and release notes / change list.
Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:43 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: