SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Setting Up Scheduler to run when user account not logged in

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Setting Up Scheduler to run when user account not logged in
SchedulerDude

Post Setting Up Scheduler to run when user account not logged in Reply with quote
Hello

We are a new user of the 24x7 Scheduler Multiplatform software.

We have update the Java installed on the desktop to 1.8.0_45 and changed the environmental variables for Java Home and Path to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45(Java_Home) & C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45\ (Path).

The user account that the software was installed with and will be running the 24x7 scheduler has administrator privileges. The administrator group has: Act as part of the operating system, create token object, and Log on as a batch job privileges.

If we are logged into the system, control-alt-del to lock the account etc. the job runs at the scheduled time without issue. However, if we set the job to run at a certain time and then log off the system - the application does not run our job.

The scheduler.log file shows the following which is consistent with users logging in and out:
28-Apr-2015 07:49:20 AM 2 null null 24x7 Scheduler 24x7 Scheduler starting...
28-Apr-2015 07:52:49 AM 2 null null 24x7 Scheduler 24x7 Scheduler terminating...
28-Apr-2015 09:01:52 AM 2 null null 24x7 Scheduler 24x7 Scheduler starting...
28-Apr-2015 09:02:28 AM 2 null null 24x7 Scheduler 24x7 Scheduler terminating...
28-Apr-2015 09:29:36 AM 2 null null 24x7 Scheduler 24x7 Scheduler starting...

What am I missing in the initial configuration of the software? Is this by design?

Thank you in advance for your support.
Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hello. The scheduler should be setup to run as a Windows service using a local or domain account with privileges to start services before interactive user login. For example, use LocalSysem account or NetworkServices. The choice of account depends on what network resources your jobs need to access to.

The scheduler comes with its own integrated JRE, your changes in external Java settings are irrelevant.
Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
SchedulerDude

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your quick response. It is greatly appreciated.

I think what I'm hearing is the following...
1) The account svc_finops needs to have local admin rights; and
2) The services need to be set up as shown in the image attached

[url=http://postimg.org/image/ig4ydccfr/][img]http://s7.postimg.org/ig4ydccfr/Scheduler.jpg[/img][/url]
Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I cannot see the picture, but from your post it sounds like you are on the right track.
Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
SchedulerDude

Post Reply with quote
ok. I believe that the set has been completed properly however the job is still not executing when the user is not logged on. So, either I've done something wrong with the install and configuration of the 24x7 program or I'm missing something with the set up of the account. What are my options for additional assistance at this point and at what cost?
Thu May 07, 2015 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
What do you get in the output logs for that job? Is that a command line program? Does it write to its own log? Anything relevant in Windows security or application event logs for events around the job start time?
Thu May 07, 2015 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
SchedulerDude

Post Reply with quote
I can see that the job at 8:50 ran. I noticed that the job would not save changes to the scheduled times. I would change it from running at 12 noon to run at 9 am but would not save the time change. Also when I change the time run from 12 to run at 9:00, 9:15, 9:30 it also did not save.

I have included the local policy setting for administrators which the login account is a member of. I have also included the services settings using both local system account and use this account.

Fri May 08, 2015 12:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: