SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Various errors in SQL Editor (SQL Server)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Various errors in SQL Editor (SQL Server)
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.1.246 Pro] - Various errors in SQL Editor (SQL Server) Reply with quote
Sometimes SQL Editor goes haywire. As soon as I open a new tab, the Syntax Bar keeps disappearing when I type something into the editor. It can be retrieved by pressing Shift + F5 to check syntax but that's just simply too tedious to do every time to get the Syntax bar back.

Opening a new tab also ruins the way it handles Target Options. Having SQL Editor freshly open with a single tab the Target Options correspond to those set in SQL Assistant > Options > Targets (SQL Server, MSSQL T-SQL 2012, etc. in my case). Opening a new tab makes those settings out of sync. Opening SQL Assistant > Options > Target in SQL Assistant still shows MSSQL T-SQL 2012 for SQL Reference but opening Target Options directly with Shift+Ctrl+F5 shows MSSQL T-SQL 2005.
I've set SA to suggest keywords after 2 chars. The new tab kills that as well, the initial popup does not show anymore (though the others still do).
Formatting settings are gone as well. I mean the ones that define which formatting rules to use when pressing Ctrl+F11 and Shift+Ctrl+F11. By the way, having no rules set for Format Custom results in SA asking for which set I'd like to use (with the option of making that permanent) but no such things happens having no rules set for default Format.

First I thought it has to do something with the settings I tampered with but restoring the factory defaults made no difference.
Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your feedback. I believe at least some of the described issues with wrong target options have been fixed recently. But let me double check before getting back to you.
Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: