SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant 7 SQL Code Editor

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant 7 SQL Code Editor
Mindflux

Post SQL Assistant 7 SQL Code Editor Reply with quote
Did the code editor get replaced entirely in 7 (from the beta?)

I no longer have a tabbed interface and the whole program doesn't even feel familiar now.

It also was not a registered object in SQL Assistant 7. I had to hit Ctrl+Shift+F5 and add it. Also the "Document Manager" options are missing for my newly added "SQL Assistant Code Editor" object?
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There are 2 versions now. Please try running sqleditor.exe
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
There are 2 versions now. Please try running sqleditor.exe

I've tried both sqleditor.exe and sqleditor_std.exe. They seem identical? When I ran sqleditor.exe the first time I never got an SQL Assistant menu, so I hit ctrl+shift+F5. When it made a new object it made "SQL Assistant Code Editor (Standard)" even though I wasn't running the sqleditor_std.exe...
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Here's a quick video after resetting everything to defaults in SQL Assistant 7:

http://screencast.com/t/SgBhO9aO
Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Any thoughts?

As I said it seems like a completely different editor from the betas. There's no ruler at the top, there's no tabbed interface. It feels different along with the inconsistencies I'm having interfacing with SQL Assistant 7.. (no document manager, etc).

*Edit: Odd. If I run sqleditor.exe "as administrator" I get the tabbed interface and the missing items? And running it again (after run as administrator once) gets me the familiar interface all the time now. It's like it needed to write out a file or a registry setting that required admin access?
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:06 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
When you run it in non-administrator mode, and open Help/About, do you see your new license key for version 7?
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
When you run it in non-administrator mode, and open Help/About, do you see your new license key for version 7?

Well, I see it in help->about yeah. But as I said in my edit, once I ran it in administrator mode, next runs in non-administrator mode act "as expected" now as if something had to get written out to registry or a settings file?
Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Did you enter the license key during installation or after installation using help/about?

Yes, it needs to run some settings to the registry after installation in case you switch from trial or beta mode to release, and enter your license key at that time. That could explain the weird effect with non-admin run
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Did you enter the license key during installation or after installation using help/about?

Yes, it needs to run some settings to the registry after installation in case you switch from trial or beta mode to release, and enter your license key at that time. That could explain the weird effect with non-admin run

After. I was waiting for my key to arrive so it was running in trial mode. I also had to enter my key by running sql assistant in administrator mode, if I tried to do it in "non-admin" mode the key wouldn't stick and it would revert back to trial when I clicked apply on the dialog box.
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That makes sense now. What you experienced is a result of interference from Windows UAC
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
That makes sense now. What you experienced is a result of interference from Windows UAC

UAC is such a pile...

*sobs*
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: