SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Can't rename job. Job reverts back to old name.

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Can't rename job. Job reverts back to old name.
goodson

Post Can't rename job. Job reverts back to old name. Reply with quote
5.1 Build 403; I decided to change my job naming convention. I have a list of jobs in a folder that I am trying to prefix "JAL_" or "SQL_" to the front of the job name. If I change it in the folder view, it does not necessarily change it in the Detail tab. If it changes in both, it is not necessarily changed in the Properties window. Even when all three show the new name, when I close and reopen, the names have all reverted to the old names.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It sounds like a problem with job database file updates. Please give yourself Full Explicit privileges to C:\24x7 folder. Don't assume group permissions is enough.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
goodson

Post Reply with quote
I was already part of the Administrators group on the server, but I added my own account with full privileges on the c:\24x7 folder. The same thing is still happening.

Does it matter that the 24x7 Scheduler Multi-platform Edition service is currently running and/or that it is using a different account? I did try to stop the service and make the changes, but got the same result.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
goodson

Post Reply with quote
I believe that this started after copying ODBC settings from the registry of a 3.0 installation into the registry of the new 5.0 installation. I don't think I was having problems before that.

I am also not able to create new jobs, nor save changes to existing scripts. It appears I am unable to alter the database at all. There are no error messages presented to the UI when I try to edit or rename or add.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
goodson wrote:
I was already part of the Administrators group on the server, but I added my own account with full privileges on the c:\24x7 folder. The same thing is still happening.

Does it matter that the 24x7 Scheduler Multi-platform Edition service is currently running and/or that it is using a different account? I did try to stop the service and make the changes, but got the same result.

Yes it does. You should not run 2 instances on the same machine from the same folder. They will keep overwriting each other's changes. If you run the scheduler in service mode and start it in graphical mode, you end up with 2 instances fighting for the same files and resources.

If you use Remote Desktop, please check if there are additional 24x7 instances are running in other remote desktop sessions. If yes, please close them. Generally, When running 24x7 as a service, you use use the web-based console to communicate with the service and to manage jobs.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
goodson wrote:
I believe that this started after copying ODBC settings from the registry of a 3.0 installation into the registry of the new 5.0 installation. I don't think I was having problems before that.

I am also not able to create new jobs, nor save changes to existing scripts. It appears I am unable to alter the database at all. There are no error messages presented to the UI when I try to edit or rename or add.

That 's more proof of some file conflict and file visualization issue. From 24x7 point of view there are no file write errors, that's why you don't see errors. From Windows` point of view, if you don't have explicit privileges (forget about your Admin group membership), you are not allowed to update files in c:\24x7 folder, and it just shallows all file write calls or redirects them to virtualized temporary copies of the job database file located somewhere deep down in your in user's directories.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: