SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Client not authorized. Connection denied.

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Client not authorized. Connection denied.
tedolson

Post Client not authorized. Connection denied. Reply with quote
My master scheduler is Multi-platform 5.0.385. My Remote Agent is Windows version 3.6.12. I have defined the agent as a windows edition in my master database. The test connect reports success. I am attempting to run a remote program, I have checked authentication required, put in a user name/password, and selected the host. On the host computer I have enabled remote access security, and created the same user name/password as defined in the master scheduler job, under the group Administrators. The log on the remote agent reports "Client not authorized. Connection denied."

When running a Windows version 3.6.12 master scheduler against this remote agent it works perfectly.

I have imported my active jobs into the Multi-platform version with the /notimer option so that I can slowly bring them online. In the mean time I need my Windows master scheduler running the production jobs until they can be transitioned. I have several Remote Agents, and almost 100 jobs that have to be transitioned.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It says "Client not authorized. Connection denied." it doesn't say anything about the user or authentication failure, and that is kind of looking suspicious. Does your agent machine have restrictions for where it can accept connections from? In other words, is there RESTRICT.LST file in 24x7 agent folder?
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post Reply with quote
No, there is not a Restrict.lst file, and the firewall is open for all WAN addresses for that port. I have two other Windows Remote Agents running, all three of them are working perfectly with the Windows version of master sceduler, and all of them are giving me this error for the Multi-Platform master scheduler. I even setup a Windows remote agent on the same server as the Multi-Platform master scheduler, a 2003 R2 terminal server, running in different thin client sessions, and I am getting the same error. The only other thing that I can think of trying is to upgrade one of the remote agents to Multi-Platform to see if that resolves the error. The problem with that is that it will be impossible for me to transition my entire active jobs database all at once, and I am unable to have to versions of the remote agent running in parallel on the same server because of timing issues and record locking.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sure it is not a firewall. It got to be something with your license keys or host restrictions for incoming connections.

Do you have a site license?
Just in case, you need a site license for the agents, otherwise they will perform validation of the scheduler's license key for each incoming connection and refuse it, these legacy agents won't be able to recognize newest scheduler version license keys as valid.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post Reply with quote
Why is there an option for adding legacy agents in the multi-platform edition if they will not pass validation?

I own four individual Windows licenses. A site license is $3,900, not an option.

I was getting ready to spend $1080 on upgrades and aditional licenses for the Multi-platform. Now I am glad that I waited. If the Multi-platform will not work with the legacy windows agents during the transition period then upgrading is not an option.

So much for backwards compatability...
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
tedolson

Post Reply with quote
The Windows master scheduler will run a job on a remote agent without requiring authentication. The multi-platform master scheduler seems to require authentication for remote agents, I can only select a Host when Athentication Required is checked. Is there a way to disable that feature?
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think you have misunderstood my comments. Sorry if I hasn't expressed clearly what I meant to say. In order to use latest scheduler version with old agents, you would need a site license for the old agents. In order to use it with new agents, you don't need a site license, you would still need the same number of individual licenses.

Please don't get me wrong, the end of life for the legacy version was December 31, 2011 (8 months before today). For almost 2.5 years since the beginning of 2010 we are asking all users to transition to the Multiplatform version, which is a modern replacement for that old legacy version and it provides all the same functions and a lot more. All users with the current maintenance can upgrade for free. User's without the maintenance can get upgrades for half the price of the full license.

The Windows-only agents option can be used with a site license, that's why the option is still there. But it shouldn't be used anyway, you should upgrade your agents to the Multiplatform Edition

Can you upgrade your old agents all at once, just replace them with the new agents and update agent profiles in the scheduler settings appropriately?

If you'd like to do some testing first, you can run both versions concurrently and see if the transition is transparent (it should be). I suggest to get a trial version installed on each agent system and configure it for a different port so that you can run both old and new agent concurrently, add additional connection profiles to the schedule and incrementally move each job to new agents.

Hope that helps.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: