SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Cannot start Alert Center

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Cannot start Alert Center
Vegeta Lee

Post Cannot start Alert Center Reply with quote
Hi,

I am evaluating DB Audit and would like to install Alert Center in order to create custom reports.
I managed to install the Alert Center by running the setup.bat supplied but got a "Unable to connect Alert Center. Not Connected. Unable to retrieve last error message from server. Make sure the Alert Center Scheduler is running at 127.0.0.1:1097 address and configured to accept remote connections!" message.

I tried starting the Alert Center Scheduler by executing the master.bat (without "nogui" parameter) located at "C:\Program Files\DB Audit Alert Center" but only message "Starting DB Audit Alert Center scheduler... Please wait." is shown and no other response. I also tried netstat and found that port 1097 is not opened. I believed that the jscheduler is not started. Do I missed anything for starting it?

The configuration of DB audit and Alert Centre is as follow:
- DB Audit 4.2 and Alert Center is installed in a workstation machine running WindowsXP. Database is at remote server. (I can use DB Audit Management Console to connect DB and setup auditing successfully.)
- Location of JAVA_HOME is at "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin", JRE version is Java 6, version 26
- Content of master.bat:
@echo off

if exist "%CD%\jre\bin\java.exe" (
SET JAVA_HOME=%CD%\jre
) else (
if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto no_javahome
)

echo .
echo Starting DB Audit Alert Center scheduler... Please wait.
echo .
start "DB Audit Alert Center Console" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms64m -Xmx512m -jar jscheduler.jar %1
goto end

:no_javahome
echo.
echo JAVA_HOME must be set to point to JRE 1.4.x distribution directory,
echo or alternatively JRE could be copied to %CD%\JRE subfolder.
echo.
pause
goto end

:end
Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
On Windows systems the Alert Center requires Java version 1.5. Please note that major Java versions aren't fully backward or forward compatible. A specific version is required for every major application, like for the example the DB audit alert Center.

Please install JRE 1.5 into C:\Program Files\DB Audit Alert Center\JRE subfolder. you can get that version here https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jre-1.5.0_22-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer
Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: