SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA Beta 6] Right context menu options duplicated (VS2008)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA Beta 6] Right context menu options duplicated (VS2008)
Mark Williams

Post [SA Beta 6] Right context menu options duplicated (VS2008) Reply with quote
As per title - open a database query from within VS2008 - and all options on Right Click context menu are duplicated.
Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
Note: Same behaviour is not seen in VS2005.
Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Do you have SQL Assistant v5 add-on installed? If yes, that can explain the anomalies. Your system could be loading 2 versions.
Please try unregistering or better uninstalling older versions.
Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Also, please don't forget to restart your system after uninstall/install. In the past some users have reported various weird issues after upgrades, which disappeared after system restarting
Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
Have tried a restart and combinations of disabling SA6 and starting up SSMS. Same experience persists.

Each option is duplicated twice AND each section that the duplicated option appears appears twice.

for example:

SQL Assistant >
-----------------
Cut
-----------------
Cut
Copy
Copy
Paste
Paste
-----------------
Cut
-----------------
Cut
Copy
Copy
Paste
Paste
-----------------
Connection >
Connection >
-----------------
Connection >
Connection >
-----------------
Execute SQL
Execute SQL
Validate SQLSyntax
Validate SQLSyntax
Cancel Query Validation (greyed)
-----------------
Execute SQL
Execute SQL
Validate SQLSyntax
Validate SQLSyntax

etc..

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That's really weird. I will ask our developers to take a look and advise on how to deal with that issue
Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
The only other supporting information I can give is that I had a 14 day trial of SA5.2 installed for evaluation (as I was building a business case for its purchase).
Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please let us know how the menu appears in editors launched from Server Explorer. Right-click Stored Procedures folder in Server Explorer, select Add New Stored Procedure menu to open new editor instance, in the editor right-click any white space. How does that menu have duplicate items?
Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
Same experience I am afraid

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:05 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Your last screenshot is a bit unclear to me. There are 2 menus pictured side-by-side. The right menu is context menu for the Stored Procedures folders and it appears to be ok. The left menu has duplicate sections and it's not ok. What's the left menu? where did it come from?

As a side note, none of the above menus are touched by SQL Assistant. Do you have any other 3rd-party add-ons installed for VS that also add items to the menus?
Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi. When you get a moment, please reply to my questions in the previous post. We are unable to reproduce the issue with duplicate menu items and we need additional input from you. Thank you.
Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Your last screenshot is a bit unclear to me. There are 2 menus pictured side-by-side. The right menu is context menu for the Stored Procedures folders and it appears to be ok. The left menu has duplicate sections and it's not ok. What's the left menu? where did it come from?

As a side note, none of the above menus are touched by SQL Assistant. Do you have any other 3rd-party add-ons installed for VS that also add items to the menus?

Hi,

I run dual screens, with the dev environment in the right hand screen and the Solution Explorer to the right of the IDE. The image shows me rght clicking to get the context menu and selecting Add. The Add submenus appear to the left only because of where the Solution Explorer is within the IDE - ie. there is no room to display to the right, so it goes left.

re: other third party add-ons -
I did have DevArt SQL complete. That has been uninstalled and the machine rebooted. The same behaviour exists.
I also have SQL Search (the free tool) installed.

HOWEVER. It might be a known bug in VS2008: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1063706/visual-studio-2008-menu-items-duplicated

if this is the case - then I apologise - as the 'bug' might be a red herring. It just started happening (or rather I noticed it) after the install if SA6Beta.
Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you, very helpful. Have you tried using DBProRepair.exe to fix the menus as described in the middle section "...I see duplicate commands on the menus in the IDE..." of msdn article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd819149.aspx ?
Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Mark Williams

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you, very helpful. Have you tried using DBProRepair.exe to fix the menus as described in the middle section "...I see duplicate commands on the menus in the IDE..." of msdn article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd819149.aspx ?

yes - I've followed them.
Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:43 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: