SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Accepting enhancement suggestions for new releases
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
Snippets in intellisense:
I mean that they would show in the intellisense dropdown list like a table or procedure does and so forth... I know I can define something like "gso" and when I tab it will explode to the stored snippet SQL, but to be able to get it in the list would be great. If it's there now, it's not doing it for me.

Filtering intellisense: ARB
I understand what you're suggesting, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I mean that when you type say "A" after a select * from, and you then get a list of table names starting with A like Account, AccountRegister, AccountLedgerJournal, that you could type ALJ and it would put the selection automatically to AccountLedgerJournal: it would filter on the caps of the objectname.
Check this out: it will explain it better than I can, but this kind of functionality in SQL Assist would be awesome:
http://wholetomato.com/products/features/members.asp

OK on the last two.

Thanks!

[url][/url]
Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
Sorry, specifically see the section on that link entitled: Acronyms and Shorthand

The snippets in intellisense dropdown, see this:
http://wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp
Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Snippets in intellisense:
I mean that they would show in the intellisense dropdown list like a table or procedure does and so forth

They are available via right-click menu in SQL Assistant branch. They are not in the popup lists because popup lists are used for SQL Intellisense, whose purpose and working is quite different from C# or similar application-code Intellisense, and from what WholeTomatos "Enhanced Listboxes" offer to C# developers.

Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestion for supporting abbreviated name inputs. I'm going to submit it to our internal enhancements queue for further analysis and prioritization.
Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
In SSMS to execute a single line you have to select that specific line. Would be nice to have the configurable option to say execute entire file, or the current statement the cursor is in. (PL/SQL developer has this)
Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
pvdm

Post Formating table/column case Reply with quote
Hi, i know I have asked this question before and you have answered it ( Code formatting )
BUT the first thing any of our developers ask me is how to make SQL Assist change the case for table and columns names. Is there maybe a way to put in a configurable option to make SQL Assist change the case of object names as well as keywords?
We have more than 25 Dev's using SQL Assistant and because of internal (and legacy) coding standards this is the way we need to format our code, It would be a great help it could do this.
Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Search for option Reply with quote
You guys have so many options now, it's hard to find things. Toad (yech) had a feature where you could type in a name to help you locate an option. You may also need to add the option to search within drop down values.

For example, the search term schema would return things like:
Always Fully Qualify Object Names
Query "Schemas"
etc.
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Support Declare/Assign on the same line to scalars Reply with quote
Declare @I int = dbo.

At this point you could show a list of scalar functions.
Tue May 18, 2010 5:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
lkendall

Post Reply with quote
The ability to highlight the current line using a solid box, or dotted outline would be great.
Sat May 22, 2010 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Did you mean current line or current statement?

Statements can spawn more than one line. Just in case, we have an enhancement in the queue (id: SA-8016) for supporting a hot key for highlighting and executing the current SQL statement - this is to spare users from a need to manually select the entire statement before running it in the editor. SQL statements something can be very short like 1 or 2 lines of text and sometimes can be very long, spawning several pages of text.
Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
rick_townsend

Post Re: Support Declare/Assign on the same line to scalars Reply with quote
judahr wrote:
Declare @I int = dbo.

At this point you could show a list of scalar functions.

That looks like MS T-SQL syntax, but T-SQL doesn't support assigning values to local variables upon declaration. Try it - you should get a parse error. You have to do it in two separate statements.

Code:
declare @I int
set @I = dbo.fn_function()

You can only use <variable> <type> = <default_value> syntax in parameter declaration. And there are restrictions on what functions you can use for defaults. e.g.:

Code:
declare fn_function (@I int = 1)

Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just in case, that's is a new feature of SQL 2008. Details can be found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188927.aspx
Wed May 26, 2010 12:29 am View user's profile Send private message
rick_townsend

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Just in case, that's is a new feature of SQL 2008. Details can be found here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188927.aspx

Appologies, I've only used SSMS2008 to connect to 2005 machines. The new syntax for DECLARE looks useful, and in light of that, I do agree with judahr that it makes sense to support it in SLQ Assistant. :-)
Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are still evaluating technical options available for supporting things like that.

Generally, SQL Assistant isn't built to support version specific functionality as in this example. It does currently support 9 different database types with per database-type configurable options and features. The only differentiation between versions of particular database type is in SQL Reference and SQL Reference based keyword prompts. Implementing other features specific to any particular version of a particular database type is not supported by current design.
Wed May 26, 2010 12:47 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Would refreshing cache after every query execution be difficult to achieve (I guess it would require unnecessary traffic, but...)? Or at least assign a hotkey to it?
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ctrl+Space, F5 should trigger cache refresh.

Doing it after each query is a resource-expensive operation. I personally don't think that would be a good idea.
Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 am View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: