SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Reference

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Reference
gemisigo

Post SQL Reference Reply with quote
When using SQL reference I can write text into round-ended boxes in the Command Builder and Lookup (eg. the 'password' for CREATE LOGIN). Would it be possible to change it to select (or clear ) the whole text in the box on double click? It would be much more convenient than having to delete it manually letter by letter (since it does not allow selection at all).

EDIT: Strange. For some unknown reason it does not allow to enter letters 'a' and 'c', neither uppercase nor lowercase...
Wed May 05, 2010 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Wow... what a surprise. I didn't know the round boxes allow in place editing. I'm running SQL Assistant since version 1.0 and this is the first time I hear about that feature. This is really cool.

By the way, I tried it with MySQL Query Browser and Notepad and I can enter all letters including 'a' and 'c' Which editor are you using?
Wed May 05, 2010 10:21 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Wow... what a surprise. I didn't know the round boxes allow in place editing. I'm running SQL Assistant since version 1.0 and this is the first time I hear about that feature. This is really cool.

Well, I've found it by pure accident :) I searched for it in the docs after that but haven't found anything about it. You might want to update the documentation. Any opinions on clearing the box on double-click?

SysOp wrote:

By the way, I tried it with MySQL Query Browser and Notepad and I can enter all letters including 'a' and 'c' Which editor are you using?

I tried in Notepad, Notepad++ and SQL Server 2008 Management Studio to no avail. I even tried it on another machine but still no luck. I cannot enter those two letters. I thought my personalized keyboard layout is the culprit but it failed with standard us layout too.
Thu May 06, 2010 4:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I already logged new request for the documentation update in our internal tracking system. I personally feel like these little edit boxes should support standard right-click edit menus for selecting text, clearing, cutting, copying, pasting, and perhaps have some kind of visual prompt indicating that the roundly shaped box is editable.
Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Another note:

create table -> column__definition -> data_type does not allow entering the length, and if I do that manually, adding another column puts that between the data type and the length:

Code:
CREATE TABLE table_name(column_name VARCHAR(20) )

"(20)" was entered manually, then I clicked on "," and the result was:

Code:
CREATE TABLE table_name(column_name VARCHAR,column__definition(20) )

Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: