SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL 4.8 and MySQL bug?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL 4.8 and MySQL bug?
jcsmith

Post SQL 4.8 and MySQL bug? Reply with quote
There seems to be a bug with MySQL and SQL assistant that comes back with bad results.

if you select and integer field after a date field, the integer field is almost always mucked up.
if you select the integer field before the date field, the content seems to be correct.

Anyone else seeing this? Is this an isolated incident specific to MySQL?

(See the create table statements below)

select * from sale; <-- all the quantity returned incorrect values because quantity is after sales_date
select sales_date, id from sale; <--- note that the id does not return 1,2,3,4,5 in my case, all the id returns 5
select quantity, id from sale; <--- this seems to be OK

Can be reproduced with MySQL 5.x server (windows and linux)
Using notepad on XP SP3 with MySQL Native connection type ( with various versions of libmysql.dll as well including the latest from MySQL.com http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/c/6.0.html ).
I press Ctrl-Shfit-F9 to see the results for each statement

mysql command line client + other MySQL tools comes back with the correct results.

CREATE TABLE sale (
id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
sales_date DATE,
quantity INTEGER,
price DECIMAL(9,2)
);

INSERT INTO sale ( id, sales_date, quantity, price ) VALUES ( 1, '2009-02-27', 1, 29.95 );
INSERT INTO sale ( id, sales_date, quantity, price ) VALUES ( 2, '2009-02-27', 2, 29.95 );
INSERT INTO sale ( id, sales_date, quantity, price ) VALUES ( 3, '2009-02-27', 3, 29.95 );
INSERT INTO sale ( id, sales_date, quantity, price ) VALUES ( 4, '2009-02-27', 4, 29.95 );
INSERT INTO sale ( id, sales_date, quantity, price ) VALUES ( 5, '2009-02-27', 5, 29.95 );
Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. I was able to reproduce this issue. There seems to be some data overflow causing this weird effect. I'm going to submit this issue to further investigation
Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: