SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Auto substitution SQL in INSERT

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Auto substitution SQL in INSERT
irlana

Post Auto substitution SQL in INSERT Reply with quote
In previous version when I use the 'INSERT' or 'UPDATE' statement , sql-assistent auto-show (substitute) all colums and values when wrote the query from the very beginning only, if I already wrote 'INSERT INTO' and name of table. like this:
NSERT INTO Item
(
Id,
Title,
Description
)
VALUES
(
/*Id*/,
/*Title*/,
/*Description*/
)
In version 3.5 this ontion is absent. Now when I type INSERT INTO, it's get a popup and locate the required table. It's very uncomfortable when writing batch. Can I adapt v.3.5 of SQL Ass for this way of insert in my SQL Ass option?
Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There are new settings in 3.5 that control this behavior. I guess when you ran the latest install on top of the existing installation, it preserved your old settings in the config file and added new settings with default "false" values. Please see DB Options tab in SQL Assistant's Options dialog. Make sure you modify settings for the correct SQL dialect, it is important that you highlight the dialect on the left side of the dialog before you make changes in the settings on the right side.
Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: