SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
sql assistant 3.1 sql reference problem with oracle

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
sql assistant 3.1 sql reference problem with oracle
aamirocp1

Post sql assistant 3.1 sql reference problem with oracle Reply with quote
hi

when i type a command like

map member function compare_op return varchar2

if i put cursor behind map word and awake sql reference the reference command only gets words in reference till to compare_op and it become something like this

map member function compare_empno(parameter datatypes) return_clause return varchar2

which i think is a bug. the same problem exists with other elements. like function procedures etc.

thanks

amir
Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:15 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SQL Reference is a tool to lookup and interactively paste correct syntax with required options. It is not a tool to reformat or modify the existing code.

Please note that some of the pasted elements are like hyperlinks. If you continue clicking on them, the SQL Reference will expand them and show additional options for these elements.
Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:45 am View user's profile Send private message
aamirocp1

Post also i found certain things not presen in sql assistant Reply with quote
hi

thank for the reply.

but i think you should consider this as a enhancement to sql assistant. currently sql assistant is doing this with first level of sql or plsql in oracle with toad or plsql developer. but as i click the hyperlink which further shows the sytax things become wrong

another thing i notice that sql assistant does not show constants of packages. for example dbms_trace contains many global constants, exception, function and procedures. sql assistant only shows functions and procedures. i think its will not be a big enhance only few queries will be required to modify.

sql assistant does not support object type intelligent. if i create a object type with functions and body. create a variable of that object type. so

v_object_type. ... should give me the function procedures or something not geting anything

also in popup list i dont get the type of any object type i have created. i think sql assistant does not support object type popups.

also there must be some options to disable automatic intelligence and called on accertated key. if this opition avaliable guide me how to do it.

we in the process of evaluating your product and that ' s why i am giving you this feed back. i like your unique idea of sql reference but i think sql assistant needs more work for a big database like oracle. which dominate 57% of the database world or more

thanks
Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I surely agree that there are many areas for improvement. Making SQL Reference to parse the already entered code and wrap it as much as possible into the syntax constraints would be 1 thing. Adding support for constants in standard packages to the SQL Reference is another new thing. Making it recognize object-based syntax is again a new thing. Support for object type popups is also a separate thing...

It is obviously all doable and could be implemented in future versions. I'm going to submit them as enhancement requests on your behave.

Shall you have other suggestions for improvements, please let us know. We have a dedicated topic in this forum for new enhancement suggestions. Please use http://softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22127
Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:04 am View user's profile Send private message
aamirocp1

Post Reply with quote
thank for your reply.

I will keep on informing you about the other things as soon as they come to my notice. Till than keep up the good work
Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: