SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Build 3161 of Sql Server 2005

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Build 3161 of Sql Server 2005
pboor

Post Build 3161 of Sql Server 2005 Reply with quote
There is a possible bug after the latest version of SQL was applied. There was one DB Audit trigger defined before the hot fix was applied. After launching db_audit 4.015, the client does display the trigger correctly. If you try to reinstall the trigger it gives you an error that it has already been created. If you create new triggers all appears well when you disconnect and reconnect with the db_audit on. Please advise. Thanks....
Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I am trying to reproduce this issue. How do you reinstall the trigger? Do you close the Set Data-change Options screen after removing the trigger?
Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
pboor

Post Reply with quote
The only thing I can think is that the table was deleted from the repository table. I deleted the trigger and re-added it, closed down the client, and everything is okay. I guess I would not spend alot of time on this one if you are sure on a re-build that the tables do get deleted from the repository table. We are in test mode here now, but this is the only change I can see that would have caused our table to be missing.
Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Tables get deleted from the repository database automatically if you follow the normal process of removing and re-adding auditing to a business table. Also if you change the business table design, for example, delete some columns and then update auditing for the modified table, you should get a prompt asking what to do with the old audit trail. If "leave it alone" option is picked or somehow this process is short-circuited, a table with the old audit trail will be left in the repository database, in case you need this old audit trail data. It has no negative side effects other than if you forget about this table some space will be wasted forever for a table not being used for anything.
Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: