SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Hint Missing for "Advanced Code Expansion for *"?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Hint Missing for "Advanced Code Expansion for *"?
anildas

Post Hint Missing for "Advanced Code Expansion for *"? Reply with quote
SQL Assistant v3.0.24, page 30 reads,
Quote:
After you enter the above text, if you place the cursor near the asterisk symbol, SQL Assistant will highlight that symbol and display a hint.
When I try it, the * is highlighted, but no hint is displayed. Note that pressing Ctrl+Space does bring up a list of columns from which to choose. I am running SA as a plug-in to SSMS 9.00.3042.00.
Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
sorry, we somehow missed this posting and I only found it today.

There is an option indirectly controlling appearance of hints. The option name is not very clear because it is shared for several different things. This option might be in disabled state and that's why hints do not appear for "*" symbol. Please check what you got for "Jump to matching bracket" option value. If this is set to "False", hints will not appear. If this is set to "True (Tooltips only)" or "True (Tooltips and text)" then hints will appear, including hints for "*" symbol.
Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message
anildas

Post Reply with quote
I checked again. I am now getting the hint. I believe I have always had Jump to matching bracket set to True, but I cannot be sure now. At any rate, I uninstalled the beta and installed the release and now have the hint. Thanks!
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: