SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tab key and Intellisense - first typed character is retained

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Tab key and Intellisense - first typed character is retained
JimmyTrue

Post Tab key and Intellisense - first typed character is retained Reply with quote
Using MSSQL Query Analyzer 8.00.2039

When the intellisense appears and I have typed a few characters to narrow down my search, it is my habit to press the Tab key to enter the item that has been highlighted in the intellisense drop-down list (I believe this is the behavior in most IDEs). However, with SQL Assistant, pressing the Tab key in the presence of the intellisense merely inserts a Tab character instead of entering the current item from the intellisense.

First, it would be nice if the Tab key would cause the selected intellisense item to be entered.

Secondly, there seems to be a bug when I perform this particular key stroke combination. After pressing the tab key and then realizing my mistake, I then press the Enter key to select the intellisense item. However, at that point, SQL Assistant is retaining the first character of what I typed. This occurs even if I press the backspace first to erase the Tab character. And it doesn't seem to matter how many characters I have typed. The first character is always retained. See screen shot.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
To use Tab instead of Enter, change the List Item Selection Key option. Tab is supported as one of the choices for this option.
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: