SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Beta version on Vista with Katmai

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Beta version on Vista with Katmai
ssandu

Post Beta version on Vista with Katmai Reply with quote
I've installed Beta 2 on Vista and I can't modify target options (from RightClick, Target, Modify target Options).
Anyway on Target menu all options are disabled.
If you see my previous post about Katmai, I was able to make it woking by modifing Target Options.
Cheers and good lunk with the new product.
Sorin
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Could you please attach a screenshot demonstrating this issue. I don't understand how these options might be disabled. Perhaps some didn't load correctly, that why I need to see the screenshot.
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 am View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Reply with quote
A screenshot
I solved it with Crtl+Shift+F5 and it's working now.
But still Target options are disabled.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
They are disabled because the target is not in focus at that moment, basically you are looking in a wrong place.

Make sure the Environment Integration option in SQL Assistant options (see Advanced option group for targets) has "Context Menu" or "Full" value for this target. After changing the option, Restart the target, open query editor, right-click in the editor. SQL Assistant menu should be there as one of the items. By the way, most functions are accessible via hot keys in order to speed the code typing and refactoring process.

By the way, you should also tune other options if you want to get most out of SQL Assistant, make sure you have selected correct type of SQL Reference, snippets and a bunch of other things appropriate for this particular target type.
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:17 am View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Reply with quote
Thank's
I found also that SqlAssist.cfg file was not created after instalation.
So I've copied it from the old Assistant folder and so after Ctrl+Shift+F5 it appeared the path to Katmai.
Maybe If I modified something first it was created (just for knowing).
Sorin

By the way it will be a licensed vresion for beta testers (like version 2) ?
Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:02 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Since version 2.5.[something], the CFG file is not used because it creates problems on Vista systems which is trying to virtualize the contents of all INI, CFG and similar files. SQL Assistant is now using a file with SAS extension to store its settings. This file is very similar to the old CFG file, but not 1005 compatible. Please don't try to rename the old .CFG file to SAS. If you want to convert the old file, just shutdown SQL Assistant, backup and delete SAS file, drop CFG file into the installation directory and restart SQL Assistant. It should find the CFG file and convert it automatically.

Yes, everyone who actively participates in the testing will be eligible to receive a full license for version 3.
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: