SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Problem moving SYS.AUD$ from system tablespace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Problem moving SYS.AUD$ from system tablespace
pedro_simoes

Post Problem moving SYS.AUD$ from system tablespace Reply with quote
i´m trying to move SYS.AUD$ from system tablespace to another tablespace
that i have created.
i´m using the move button on "advanced system audit options fot oracle" - "audit trail storage"
my DBMS is Oracle 10g R2.
when i click the move button and select the tablespace i created, i get the error "A valid tablespace name must be
selected".

Can you help ?
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:00 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There are 2 drop-down fields on that page. The first drop-down is for selecting tablespace to store AUD$ table data and the second drop-down is for selecting tablespace to store table indexes. You can select the same or different tablespaces, but values in both drop-downs must be entered.
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:17 am View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
Only one dropdown apears in my screen, the one refering to "Table Tablespace:"
the dropdown "index tablespace" is not visible !
Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Which version are you running?
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
i´m running version 3.2.21 trial mode, on a windows xp prof. sp2 whith all security updates from microsoft.
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thanks. Let me check with developers what could be causing the other drop-down not to appear on the screen.
I wonder if the web-based console also hides that tablespace drop-down fro your database.
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
OK, thanks.
I never tried the web-based console, when i get back to work i´m going to try it.
But i think it´s litle more complicated to set up, because of the web server.
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
I´m back to work !
I tried to download the web-based console, from the softtree web site, but i cant find where.
Where can i find a copy, so that i cant try to see if it gives me the same error ??
Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is no public download link for the web console. By default this component is only provided with site and enterprise licenses and also provided to users who specifically requested this option. If you want this option, please contact sales and ask for the web console

Anyway, what you want to do can be easily accomplished in using several SQL commands. The exact commands and their syntax depends on the Oracle version, yet in Oracle 10g R2, this can be done using the following 2 simple commands:

ALTER TABLE SYS.AUD$ MOVE TABLESPACE [data ts name here] STORAGE (INITIAL 128K NEXT 128K PCTINCREASE 0);
ALTER INDEX SYS.I_AUD1 REBUILD TABLESPACE [index ts name here] STORAGE (INITIAL 128K NEXT 128K PCTINCREASE 0);

You can execute these commands in SQL*Plus or any other tool. The change is completely transparent to DB Audit.
Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
OK, i managed to move the sys.aud$ table to another tablespace using your instructions, thanks !
Now i´m trying to configure audit to log every deleted record, by any user and on any table, is that possible ?
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sure. Choose 'DELETE TABLE' auditing option for ALL USERS in the options System Audit / Set Audit Options menu.
Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
OK, thanks !

Just one more question, i have moved the sys.aud$ table to a new teblespace caled DATA1, how do i configure automatic arquiving of that data ?
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
On the database level you can archive the entire tablespace, basically create periodic backups of the tablespace.

On the table level you can use Tools -> Schedule Periodic Archiving menu in DB Audit to periodically archive audit data incrementally into operation system files.

A more sophisticated solution is to replicate the audit trail data to a different database server not accessible to the personal having access to the audited database. That's what in DB Audit terms is called as a central repository server. DB Audit's Alert Center and Central Repository Deployment Tools can be used for this purpose. Though you would need to have a site or comparable license to get these tools.
Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:43 am View user's profile Send private message
pedro_simoes

Post Reply with quote
thanks, one more question, i´m trying to activate the "audit sys operations", i have set the "audit_sys_operations = True" in init.ora, my question is: in that screen, there is an option to specify the location of operating system directory into witch
the audit trail is writen, that directory is an directory already used by the system, or is a new directory that will be used by db audit ?
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This is an existing directory used by Oracle for saving trace and audit trail files. DB audit simply monitors this directory and reads the file data converting it into some usable format.
Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: