SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Assisting one app with multiple DB types

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Assisting one app with multiple DB types
msorens

Post Assisting one app with multiple DB types Reply with quote
I have a custom application that is a dual Oracle/SqlServer tool. There is only a single window (.Net 2.0 Windows Form) which contains, among other things, two RichTextBox controls, one for Oracle and one for SqlServer. Are there any choices on the Advanced tab of Target Options that would allow me to differentiate these two RichTextBoxes so I could use SqlAssist in each?
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't think this is possible to differentiate - both controls have the same windows class name and sit in the same application with the same name and window caption. You can dynamically change the environment in SQL Assistant options while working with the application, but you got to do it every time you switch to a different edit control.
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
msorens

Post Reply with quote
One more piece of information that may allow this ( you tell me :-)
I was not quite accurate when I said both are RichTextBox controls. Each of them are custom user controls. One is an OracleRichTextBox, which subclasses my AbstractRichTextBoxPlus, which subclasses RichTextBox. The other is a SqlServerRichTextBox, which again subclasses AbstractRichTextBoxPlus and then RichTextBox. So they should be differentiable at some level. Unfortunately when I check your Target Window Class property they both seem to be showing "WindowsForms10.RichEdit20W.app.0.378734a". Any way I could influence that...?
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I don't know. I will have to check with developers.

Are you by any chance interested in integrating SQL Assistant with your program using more reliable methods such as SQL Assisatnt API?
Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
msorens

Post Reply with quote
One other thought occurred to me--I can change the Windows Firm title depending on which RichTextBox is active. I notice your options includes a TargetTitle property. Would SqlAssistant be able to recognize the title change and switch to a different configuration?

If not, then I guess I am interested in learning more about the API.
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The title is only used once when SQL Assistant decides to bind to the new process or process window. Dynamic changes after the initialization step are too late to change anything
Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: