SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Problems setting up data audit with sql server 2005

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Problems setting up data audit with sql server 2005
nmcewan

Post Problems setting up data audit with sql server 2005 Reply with quote
Hello,

I am trying to set up the data audit in sql server 2005. I am able to connect as sa and see the available db's. When I try to set up the db audit. After I select the tables I want to audit and click proceed, I select the db where I want to put the audit tables, I get the following error.

A database error occurred while your request was processed. here are the details: Password validation failed the password does not meet windows policy standards because it is too short.

Do you have any suggestions as to a workaround for this??
Thank You,

Nicole
Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
During the initial setup (first time you try to enable the auditing) the Management consoles configures audit repository. Your password lengths enforcements rules prevent it from creating db_audit login with the default password. As a solution either temporarily disable the password rule (for the time of the initial setup) or create the required login manually. In the last case, make sure you set the login's default database to the database where you want to store the audit trail.
Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: