SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.4.476 Pro] - Q: Limit for Context query

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.4.476 Pro] - Q: Limit for Context query
gemisigo

Post [12.4.476 Pro] - Q: Limit for Context query Reply with quote
The results of the Context query are shown in the status bar of the SQL Editor. My observation is that there is a 42-character limit on the value length it will display. Anything longer than that will get cropped and get an ellipsis.

Can you confirm this limit? Is there a reason for that limit? The status bar could show much longer text than that and it sits there mostly empty.
Is it used for anything else? I noticed when tinkering with it that sometimes the database dropdown breaks.
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. Still trying to confirm 42-chars, we are sifting through the code to figure out where that comes from.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what you observed here "I noticed when tinkering with it that sometimes the database dropdown breaks", how does it break?
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:41 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Ohh, that was my fault, I wanted to convert that query so that it conveyed something useful in the status bar, and I put the closing parenthesis of a concat function at the wrong place, which made the result set only have one column instead of four but I didn't notice because the status bar displayed the desired info, so I didn't think I mutilated the query beyond being functional. I'm sorry for the false alarm.
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
No problem at all. Thank you for the status update.
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:06 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: