SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.2.246 Pro] - BUG: Server Alerts and Scheduled Jobs

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.2.246 Pro] - BUG: Server Alerts and Scheduled Jobs
gemisigo

Post [11.2.246 Pro] - BUG: Server Alerts and Scheduled Jobs Reply with quote
The changes made to Time Triggers do not (always) get saved in Server Alerts and Scheduled Jobs. Simply picking an already existing Job Schedule does not work, clicking the Save button says that:
Quote:
There are no changes that can be saved at this time.

The SQL Pane also shows:
Quote:
-- Nothing to change

and thus the schedule is not assigned to the task. Creating a new schedule works, and removing an assigned schedule also seems to be working properly.

Check this (not so) short video here.
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:02 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for reporting this issue. I managed to reproduce it too, and logged it as a bug #SA0039093
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just in case, I wanted to say it's not really necessary to click the Save button after each change. You can continue working with SQL Agent dialog and make other changes. Click Save, Script or Cancel buttons only when you are done and want to close the dialog.
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry I forgot to mention the workaround. This issue occurs only if you click the Save button immediately after attaching the schedule. If you click the SQL tab and after that click Save, then it should work correctly
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Just in case, I wanted to say it's not really necessary to click the Save button after each change. You can continue working with SQL Agent dialog and make other changes. Click Save, Script or Cancel buttons only when you are done and want to close the dialog.

Yes, I've thought that would be the case, that it would collect all the changes and then finally apply them all at the click of that button, but after checking the SQL pane and actually not seeing anything there I wasn't so sure anymore.

I'm unable to make the workaround work. Clicking the SQL tab waits a little bit as if there were some processes running in the background but after that it still shows the text -- Nothing to change and clicking the Save button shows the same warning message (no changes) and does not close the window. I can only make it go away by either clicking the X in the top right corner of the window or by clicking the Cancel button (which should revert the changes anyway). I also had to check if there were any changes applied and the best method for that seemed to be closing and reopening the window.
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:32 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: