SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.2.246 Pro] - Code formatting issue

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.2.246 Pro] - Code formatting issue
gemisigo

Post [11.2.246 Pro] - Code formatting issue Reply with quote
For some strange and unknown reason I cannot permanently change the contents of Keywords in Options > Code Formatting. Whenever I click the Apply button my changes are wiped out.

Check this short video here.

EDIT: there's a new option for Convert Keywords to I don't recall seeing before v 11.2: Upper-case, except functions. That's more or less what I need, except that besides the function names I have to leave type names lowercase too. Prior to this last update to 11.2 I was able to achieve that by switching to Custom-case and manually change cases in the Keywords list but now that no longer seems to be working.

EDIT2: also, as there's usually a function named left in some of the SQL Dialects, using Upper-case, except functions will result in oddly formatted code for joins, for example:
Code:
left OUTER JOIN

Other keywords (being function names at the same time) might be affected as well.
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try restarting SQL Assistant system tray application. After the upgrade it might be running with different privileges, and Windows UAC is erasing the file changes.
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I've restarted and running it now as admin but the problem persists.
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm not able to reproduce this issue myself. I logged it anyway, and asked to investigate
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That's a funny issue. The only way I cannot change the contents of the Keywords pane is by directly modifying it in the SA Options window. Exporting Code formatting to XML (or .sas) and then re-importing it will make those changes persist. That's quite a bit of overhead but luckily I don't want to do that often. Though I'm still curious about why it won't work here.
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:46 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: