SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.1.125 Pro] - Unit Testing issues 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.1.125 Pro] - Unit Testing issues 2
gemisigo

Post [11.1.125 Pro] - Unit Testing issues 2 Reply with quote
The results can be saved either to file or to a database table. Both work, I prefer putting them into the database but there are some discrepancies between the result set described by the documentation (which is for the XML) and the actual structure of the table created by SA.

#1 It has a column called TEST_ID that is not mentioned in the documentation (but that's obviously necessary for a database).
#2 There's no FINISH column in the database, though that could be easily calculated from another column DURATION. It is also not covered in the documentation but I guess it is in milliseconds (based on another log having the same column containing milliseconds). I think I'll create a view for that.
#3 The column STATUS is an integer in the database taking the values -1 and 0 (I've seen those so far) in place of SUCCESS or FAILURE, but is not discussed in the documentation so I don't know what those mean. I could guess but I'd rather work based on facts, that is, documentation.
#4 Another extra column called [i]ERROR_MESSAGE, missing documentation.

I think there might be some other issues too. I don't know what the problem is, as it is a bit skimpy on details, but I'm pretty sure there are some things not right here:

Mon May 25, 2020 3:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
1. TEST_ID is used as a time based id for the project run. When results are saved to a CSV or XML file, that same id is added to the file name to identify project runs
2. You are right, FINISH time can can be calculated using start and duration. The duration is in milliseconds
3. You are correct, these are numeric representations of Success/Failure boolean values for test case status.
4. Error message contains the actual error text in case test case failed to run. It's specific to that test case.

The reason for the COPY command failure I guess it's not supported by the selected database driver.

Hope this helps.
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
What should/would that COPY do?
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That command is used for bulk data insert operations.
That issue has been fixed in the latest version 11.2.
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: