SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FPTGetFile Error 32

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
FPTGetFile Error 32
conejousa

Post FPTGetFile Error 32 Reply with quote
When running the built in FTPGetFile comman in a script, on occasions we receive the following error:

An error occurred while executing automation script Line 3: Download failed for "". Unknown error occurred, error code 32.
is not a big file just 635KB
The form of my script is simple

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
FTPConfig( "TRANSFER MODE", "ASCII" )
FTPGetFile "mainframe", "user", "pw", "'xx.xxx.xxxxxxx(0)'", "e:\\trig\\tab\\xxxTBLE.TXT"
Exit

This does not occur all the time and I have not been able to find other log in my server to get a better diagnostic.
Has anyone seen this behavior before?
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
FTP error code 32 means FTP couldn't use SIZE. The SIZE command failed. The command is an extension to the original FTP spec RFC 959.

Because it doesn't happen all the time, it's very likely a bad timing issue. My hypothesis is that the file is not the server is being written when you are trying to grab it, and that's why the SIZE query fails. I suggest adding an automatic retry to this job, for example after a few minutes. You can use job retry options for this purpose.
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: