SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ER: SQL Assistant - Options changes

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
ER: SQL Assistant - Options changes
gemisigo

Post ER: SQL Assistant - Options changes Reply with quote
This is an enhancement request on how SQL Assistant applies the changes made in Options.

Whenever I change something in Options, no matter how minuscule that change be, upon applying that change, SQL Assist re-initializes the complete SQL Editor window. In earlier versions this was lightning fast, I hardly even noticed happening. Currently, this takes quite a while, during which the SQL Editor window is frozen/unresponsive/clickthrough and at a certain point, it even closes, bringing down everything: discarding result sets, closing Data Generation and Unit Test dialogs, closing Schema/Data compare dialogs, etc. This can result in data/time loss, but it would be still acceptable if a) it was some connection related change, b) there was a warning about what is going to happen. But it's pretty annoying to have to re-compare complete database structures just because I've changed the color for Modified Fragment.

Which, by the way, doesn't seem to work:

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:58 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think this is a known issue. It has to reload the entire UI which is very "expensive" process, the internal themes manager needs to initialize, and then in turn reload and repaint every single window, dialog, and all their controls, basically every single single UI element. It takes time, and the more things are showing on the screen, the longer it gets.

I have submitted bug report for the coloring of the modified elements in the code compare windows and panes. Tracking issue #SA0037075
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: