SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.0.12 Beta] - Version number

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.0.12 Beta] - Version number
gemisigo

Post [11.0.12 Beta] - Version number Reply with quote
As the beta does not automatically upgrade (or offer to upgrade) itself, I can only detect there's a new version by checking its Product/File version in File properties/Details. For that I have to download it first and downloading the installer is not a single step action. I cannot instantly download the installer, I have to fill in a form and then check my emails for the download link. It isn't too complicated and doesn't even take too much time, but it usually turns out that I'm up to date so the whole process was unnecessary.

Putting the complete version number on the web page could help to lift some of that overhead, both on the user side and on your file servers:

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
It would be nice if the beta version offered an upgrade itself, or the download link persisted for those of us doing the beta testing. Signing up for the beta download every time sort of stinks. I guess I'm just complaining too much now.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:36 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Just in case, the latest beta build available is 11.0.12.

The number is show on the page itself, if you scroll down, there is
Last version: v11.0.12.BETA
Build Date: July 8, 2019

This beta period is going to expire by the end of the month. The beta version appears to be quite stable, we're very pleased with it. Most of the issues reported with the beta till now should be fixed in time for the release - about a week from now.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: