SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise
DruidCtba

Post Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise Reply with quote
I installed your last trial version on 4/17/2019, and I came across a problem I did not expect, and I do not even know why that happens.

Use Windows 10 Enterprise V1703 Build SO 15063.840 and a process error occurs with the cursor alternating between the mouse pointer and the "blue circle" update pointer.

I do not update my Windows 10 Enterprise anymore because every update from this one I use generates problems on my SMB network that I use with my two media servers here at home.

I checked the task manager and it appears and disappearing the process "report windows problems" intermittently I went into process properties and saw that the program is WerFault.exe in windows system32.

The problem resolves when I exit Softtree SQLAssist.

What is happening, how to solve it?

This program for auto completion of SQL in my Visual Studio 2017 seems to me the best there is and your competition as Apex and RedGate do not surpass it, but I will have to opt for one of them for use in the company where I work and I can not indicate your product by cause of this problem.

I hope you can give me a solution.

Att.

Jose Roberto.
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hello. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Which process error are you referring to?
What exactly are you doing when it occurs?
Are there any exceptions recorded in the SQL Assistant log file?
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 am View user's profile Send private message
DruidCtba

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Hello. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Which process error are you referring to?

This error: I checked the task manager and it appears and disappearing the process "report windows problems" intermittently I went into process properties and saw that the program is WerFault.exe in windows system32.

What exactly are you doing when it occurs?

This is making all processes / program loads / usage of internet browsers, slow within my Windows 10 Enterprise.

Are there any exceptions recorded in the SQL Assistant log file?

I do not know where this log is located, and I already uninstalled the trial program.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The log file is located in %APPDATA%\SQL Assistant\10.1\SQLAssist.log.

Please look for "error" or "exception" messages in the log file and let us know if you see any.

So far we assume there is some sort of a software conflict, but don't really have any details yet. The fact that you see "report windows problems" in the task list doesn't help much as it doesn't provide by itself any clue. Would you be able to locate one of the log files generated by that process and provide it to us for further analysis?
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:45 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: