SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.1.125 Pro] - BUG: displaying time columns

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.1.125 Pro] - BUG: displaying time columns
gemisigo

Post [11.1.125 Pro] - BUG: displaying time columns Reply with quote
When selecting datetime columns, SQL Editor does not display fraction seconds by default in the result pane. I can change the display format but that's cumbersome and is not persistent, any subsequent queries will forget that display format even if it is the same query. It is very annoying.

Check this short video here.

This one was recorded in MariaDB but I guess it works the same for other RDMBSs as well. Is there a way to make this setting stick?
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:33 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. This is not something that we currently support. I have logged an enhancement request for "remembering" display format settings.
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:24 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That's great but my problem is not (only) the display format not being remembered.

Why is the format showing the datetime with less precision the default? Usually, when milliseconds are present, they're mission-critical. Otherwise, they're not stored anyway (provided the appropriate data types are used).
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:44 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi. I'm not able to answer your "why" question. There is some common data formatting function behind the scenes and that function by default doesn't return milliseconds. That appears to be a standard out of the box behavior. The good thing is showing milliseconds is optional and supported. A display format can be chosen to display milliseconds by adding .zzz suffix to the end of the datetime format string.

We expect a fix for non sticky formats available in 11.2 maintenance release along with some other enhancements, here is a glimpse of what's coming soon.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:38 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This issue has been addressed in the latest version 11.2. Please give it a try.
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: